A busy downtown Vancouver Association Management Company requires a full-time Events and Operations Manager to service its approximately 15 clients. This is a very fast paced, challenging role that will require an individual who is able to manage multiple concurrent projects and tight deadlines with a high standard of professionalism and minimal supervision. An event planning background is well suited to this role.
The Events and Operations Manager will act as a liaison between association volunteer committees (clients) and our in-house team, responsible for anticipating, coordinating and managing all aspects of client administration and event requirements. Events will include but are not limited to educational seminars, workshops, breakfast, lunch and dinner meetings, conferences and golf tournaments.
The ideal candidate will have considerable office administration and event experience including meeting, seminar, workshop or conference planning. Must be willing to work outside of regular office hours. Candidates with the following skills may forward their resumes to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those who have been shortlisted for the position will be contacted.
Knowledge, skills and abilities may include but are not limited to:
- Experience coordinating meetings and events from initial planning through to execution
- Knowledge of office practices, administration, marketing, customer service (excellent phone manner)
- Strong organizational, written and verbal skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and meet very stringent deadlines
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite 2010, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable using databases and online systems – quick to learn new technologies
- Keyboarding speed of 65 wpm with few errors
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite and LinkedIn)
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other staff, association members and executive, and suppliers
- Experience working with executives and/or volunteer committees is an asset
- Related experience working in a non-profit organization an asset but not essential
- Basic knowledge of html is an asset
- Graphic design skills (InDesign, Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite programs ) is an asset but not essential
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is an asset.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing both governance activities (board meetings etc) and events for a variety of association clients. The candidate should demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to manage multiple clients, tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities and special projects of several association clients
- Coordinate, attend, contribute, and take precise minutes at Board, Committee, Strategic Planning, and Annual General meetings (at times, outside of regular work hours)
- Prepare and distribute the necessary material and reports required at various meetings
- Manage any post meeting activities and project requirements
- Work closely with the association executives to accomplish the goals and objectives of the organization
- Ensure all association related records and material are well organized, professional, current, and accurate
- Manage signing officer changes and liability insurance renewals
- Source and book meeting and event venues and suppliers, reviewing all contracts and banquet event orders for accuracy
- Assist our marketing team in creating text for event notices and ensure timely distribution (newspaper, newsletter, website, other promotion vehicles)
- Coordinate directly with executive, volunteers and speakers to ensure all event requirements are met
- Attend events and coordinate all aspects on-site including venue, suppliers, speakers
- Create and follow budgets to ensure events and other client activities are profitable, reviewing annually
- Secure sponsors and follow through on deliverables
- Arrange all onsite material (gifts, signage, handouts, PowerPoint presentations, prize draws, and miscellaneous material)
- Attend to all post-event details, such as thank you letters and feedback surveys
- Read and interpret association financial statements
- Maintain relationships with National offices and other industry affiliates
- Recommend ideas for improvement and highlight any problems with event processes
- Willing to travel to various venues and work outside of office hours as required
- Produce event summary reports and provide to executive and committees as required
- Remain current with association policies and procedures
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org