A busy Gastown Vancouver association management company requires a Communications Coordinator with videography skills to assist in handling communication activities and running webinars for its association clients.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and will be comfortable using video and A/V equipment. You have a proven track record as a team player who is comfortable with tight deadlines, multi-tasking and prioritizing a busy workload. You will be responsible for producing eblasts, web updates, news stories and other promotional items as needed for non-profit industry associations. You will also handle live webinar broadcasts and post-production for our event venue, Brix Studio.
This role is ideal for somebody with 1-2 years’ previous professional experience.
This is a full-time permanent position with annual salary, vacation time and benefits. Candidates with the following skills may forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Knowledge, skills and abilities may include but are not limited to:
- The ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other staff, association members and boards, and suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and meet very stringent deadlines
- Outstanding computer skills with basic knowledge of software including Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Dreamweaver and InDesign), word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and web applications. Beginner-intermediate HTML skills are an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience of videography or webinar production (this can be at a personal hobby level), including familiarity with video equipment and video editing software.
- Knowledge of web content management systems (eg Wordpress)
- Experience writing content for websites, eblasts and print publications
- Keyboarding speed of 65 wpm with few errors
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Webinar and Video Production
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering live and post-produced webinars for our clients. As well as promoting the webinars in your communications role, this will involve setting up equipment on or off-site, addressing technical issues that arise during the webinar, and trimming video recordings in post-production.
Web Content Updates
The successful candidate will be responsible for content updates for association websites, news feeds and other materials. The candidate should demonstrate strong written communication skills and the ability to write for multiple mediums and audiences.
- Ensure accuracy of content and make updates as needed
- Ensure internal and external links are functional and update as needed
- Post content to news feeds, social media and other channels
- Uphold style of voice and standards of clients in all written materials
- Proofread and edit content provided by others
- Distribute job postings both online and in eblasts, communicating with job posting customers to collect payment
- Work with event team members to promote events across all channels
- Update client web pages as necessary.
The successful candidate will be required to oversee event email blasts leaving the office for each association client. The candidate will need to be comfortable with HTML.
Due to the volume of work the candidate will require attention to detail, be highly organized and work well under pressure. The candidate should demonstrate a solid sense of aesthetics and be tech savvy.
- Write and edit event promotional content
- Work with design coordinator to set up eblasts
- Check eblasts for errors and aesthetics before sending to client for approval
- Set and implement a blast schedule for repeat blasts
- Manage subscribers and distribution lists.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with the Communications Manager on creating a consistent and successful social media strategy for clients. This will involve communicating on priorities for promotion and making recommendations to encourage further growth. You will be expected to:
- Use social media management tools including HootSuite to post content
- Ensure client events, activities and news are appropriately shared on social networks
- Use Google+, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.